Information and Resources: Upgrading from EBS 11i > R12
The R12 Upgrade guide found here, the bible for R12 upgrades.
Other resources that might be of help:
- A monthly advisory web cast is scheduled to help customers who are upgrading or implementing R12 - go to MyOracle Support (MOS) note 738454.1 or click here.
- Recent 2010 OOW has a good .ppt entitled, “Best Practices for Upgrading & Maintaining Oracle eBusiness Suite R12”, refer to MOS note: 1242595.1 for details including video download
Oracle Upgrade to R12 Forum – link here: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=395&start=0
eBusiness Suite R12 document archive: http://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/archives12.html
Oracle R12 blog (from Oracle Product & Tech Support gurus): http://blogs.oracle.com/mt/mt-search.cgi?tag=EBS%2012&limit=20
Below is a link to our "Upgrade Advisor" tool developed for EBS on Oracle Support. Upgrade advisors are specially crafted dynamic documents that are intended to guide customers through an upgrade lifecycle using step by step instructions. Link requires MOS access: https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&doctype=REFERENCE&id=250.1
Here is a link to a public blog about upgrading & testing procedures for your EBS upgrade: http://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/2011/01/testing_ebs_upgrades.html
The 12.1.3 Release Content Document describes all of the changes introduced in a given 12.1.x update. See this externally-published article for a pointer:
- Identifying Data Model Changes Between EBS 12.1.3 and Prior EBS Releases
Planning Your E-Business Suite Upgrade from Release 11i to 12.1 – MOS Doc ID: 987516.1 published in Jan. 2011. Link here: http://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/2010/03/ebs_121_upgrade_whitepaper.html
This doc. offers best practice advice to customers currently on Release 11i who are planning a Release 12.1 upgrade. IT professionals involved with planning, managing, or running a Release 12.1 upgrade project are the primary audience. This paper combines advice from professionals in Oracle's Support, Consulting, IT, and Development organizations with real-life lessons learned from customers who are already live on Release 12.1. In a nutshell, this paper tells you "things you wished you knew" before embarking upon your Release 12.1 upgrade project.
Following a brief overview of the Release 12.1 upgrade value proposition, this paper launches into specific upgrade planning tips to help you:
- Understand the factors that can affect your project's duration
- Decide your project scope, and avoid missteps that can needlessly increase your scope
- Assemble the right project team
- Develop a robust testing strategy
- Upgrade your custom code
- Minimize your upgrade downtime
- Leverage all of the Oracle Support resources that are available to you
- Identify the Oracle tools that can improve your upgrade and maintenance experience
- Become familiar with the full range of Oracle's information resources