WHAT IS BEING ANNOUNCED?
In the coming months My Oracle Support will upgrade to a new support platform, and Classic MetaLink and the On Demand Customer Portal will retire. Please note the upcoming changes and action items that will help you prepare for the transition. WHAT SIGNIFICANT CHANGES ARE TAKING PLACE?
Users accessing metalink.oracle.com and ondemand.oracle.com will no longer have a login option to choose between Classic MetaLink and My Oracle Support, but will be automatically be directed to My Oracle Support.
When Classic MetaLink and the On Demand Customer Portal retire, a data migration will take place and Oracle Support will move to a single platform. Additional changes include:
- Customer’s Service Request (SR) history and SR numbers will change during the data migration
- Service Request (SR) Profiles and email notifications for My Headlines will change
- Authentication to My Oracle Support will be updated to use Oracle single-sign-on accounts Oracle will provide further details about the authentication changes as we get closer to the upgrade date
FOUR THINGS YOU SHOULD DO
1. Visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Information Page
You should read the ‘Classic MetaLink, My Oracle Support and the Oracle On Demand Transition FAQs’ document, and thoroughly review the ‘Data Migration’ and ‘My Oracle Support Features’ sections for more details about the upgrade to My Oracle Support. The Classic MetaLink, On Demand Customer Portal and My Oracle Support Transition Information Page is also available for up-to-date details regarding My Oracle Support transition timelines, technical requirements and more.
2. Verify That You Have Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Flash Player Version 9.0.115 or later is required to use My Oracle Support. Check your browser to verify that Adobe Flash Player Version 9.0.115 or later is installed by visiting the Adobe Flash Player checker page.
3. Begin Using My Oracle Support Today
Users who currently access metalink.oracle.com can immediately begin preparing for the retirement of Classic MetaLink and the Oracle On Demand Portal by using the current version of My Oracle Support. All products on Classic MetaLink are supported in My Oracle Support. To get started, select the "My Oracle Support" button when logging in.
4. Update Your Contact Information
Please ensure your email address is up to date in your Classic MetaLink / My Oracle Support profile.
My Oracle Support
1) Click the "Settings" link in upper right hand corner
2) Select "Account & Privileges"
3) Click the pencil icon next to Username/email
1) Click the "Profile" link in the upper right hand corner
2) Click the "Change Username/email Address" button
By updating your email address, your username for My Oracle Support / Classic MetaLink will change to your new email address. Your password remains the same. You will need to use this new email address when you access My Oracle Support / Classic MetaLink in the future.