With Content Server 10g, a new layer to the file system was added called the FileStoreProvider. What this component enables is a whole new world of storage capabilities for the Content Server. Some of these capabilities include:
- The ability to relocate files easily.
- The ability to partition files across multiple storage devices.
- The ability to have the web-viewable file be optional.
- The ability to manage and control directory saturation.
- The ability to integrate with third-party storage devices
- An API to use, extend, and enhance different storage paradigms.
For further information about Oracle's FileStoreProvider please see the File Store Provider Installation and Administration Guide in the UCM 10g Documentation Package.